Attaway Construction is in the business of building, and that includes building relationships with our clients and our subcontractors. We hire only the best subcontractors, the ones who are unsurpassed at what they do. That helps us work efficiently and keep costs down, which in turn delivers your project on time and on budget. We consider each subcontractor an important partner in our continued success.
What is a general contractor?
Attaway Construction is a general contractor, which means we oversee the project and manage the day to day operations. When you hire us, we are responsible for turning your plans into a completed project. Our duties vary from job to job, but in general, Attaway:
- Provides all materials needed for the project
- Supplies all labor needed for the project
- Furnishes equipment, vehicles and tools
- Hires subcontractors for specific parts of the project where more detail is needed
- Oversees the quality and timeliness of the work
- Monitors schedules, payments and cash flow
- Keeps accurate records of all aspects of the project
- Ensures a safe work environment for everyone involved
What is a subcontractor?
Subcontractors are people who specialize in specific tasks needed to complete a job. The general contractor usually hires many subcontractors to complete a project. The subcontractors are specialists in:
- Electrical work
- Appliance installation
- HVAC (heating and air)
- And much more
Our subcontractors are experts in their fields who work hard to ensure quality on every project.
As the general contractor, it is our responsibility to ensure a quality project that is completed safely, on time and on budget. We often work with the same subcontractors because we know their work and trust their experience. We all work together smoothly to achieve the same goal.
Subcontractors love to work with us because there is consistency in trade scheduling, and they know they will be paid promptly. If you would like to partner with Attaway, go here to get started.